Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Joan of Arc live in Berlin @ Bang Bang Club

Four days after my trip to berlin to see Les Savy Fav @ Festsaal Kreuzberg (btw - it was an awesome show but I didn`t take any pictures, so sorry for that) we came back to berlin to see the great guys of JOAN OF ARC @ BangBangClub supported by LOVE OF EVERYTHING and m0ck.
First to say: it was so damn good seeing those guys live! All of them! Tim Kinsella (drums) and Bobby Burg (Vocals) played together as Love of Everything and gave a good foretaste of what would follow. Bobbys voice is really emotional but the voice of Kinsella really gave me the creeps when JOA was playing. He acted pretty nice with the audience and told about his highschool years "I grew up in a hispanic neighborhood but I took german lessons in school. One day I asked my teacher: Why do we learn german? And she answered: Because I speak it. Yeah, that was a good reason..."  Members who were on stage in berlin: Tim Kinsella, Bobby Burg, Theo Katsaounis and Victor Villareal.
After the show Bobby invited me and my friend to come "downstairs" to drink some beer. We really had a good conversation and so we decided to eat some pizza together at Rosenthaler Platz in Mitte. Bobbys favorite band is No Age right now! What a nice end of a day night! Thanks to all of the bands and to Björn Bauch for booking them. Some pics and the JOA setlist (only new songs that arent recorded yet) here.

No comments: