Friday, November 12, 2010

Fear Before the March of Flames

Fear Before the March of Flames was one of the first hardcore/screamo bands I've seen live. I don't know exactly but I think it was 2006 when I saw them play in Berlin/Magnet Club supporting The Fall of Troy and The Bled. But I can actually remember that I just wanted to see the show because of The Bled (I pretty much loved the band at this time). But after the show I was kinda overwhelmed by Fear Before and (of course) The Fall of Troy. This mainly guided me to order some CDs, for ex. Art Damage by Fear Before. They obviously shortened their longer name. They formed 2002 in Colorado and play some sort of progressive-experimental hardcore-screamo-mathcore-sound. Their second record Art Damage was released on Equal Vision Records and draws more math/metal-sound. I guess I prefer the older records. Take a listen: MYSPACE / HP / equalvision
Releases:
2003: Odd How People Shake
2004: Art Damage
2004: Live at the Epicentre
2006: The Always Open Mouth
2007: Absolute Future, Absolute Past DVD
2008: Fear Before

No comments: