Monday, December 27, 2010

Awkward I

The year is almost over and i feel kinda blue. I dont really know why because I guess 2011 is going to be a good year with some changes in my life (not big ones but it's the small things that matters). Anyway... my mood is pathetic and there's nothing you can do about it. So maybe that's the reason why I like this band so much right now: Awkward I (even the name fits my mood!). Again a nice dutch indie band that proves the dutch music scene is apparently underrated. The band formed around songwriter Djurre de Haan who started to record songs in his bathroom. Later he moved to the states where he (ironically) lived in Holland, Michigan. It was a really formative time for him but he moved again to his homecountry, this time Amsterdam. Some musicians joined him and so Awkward I was born. In December 2008 Excelsior Recordings decided to release the debut album “I Really Should Whisper”.
I was surprised to see that the band will play a show in Magdeburg. But the location Riff is always good for surprises! You can see them on thursday, december 30, at 7pm. I hope I can make it to the show.
This song here really doesnt get out of my mind, beautiful:



LIVE
AWKWARD I
december 30. // 7 pm
Riff Magdeburg, Germany
http://www.myspace.com/awkwardi

No comments: