Saturday, December 4, 2010

Keep an eye on: Audiotransparent - dutch indie slow-fi

I'm always happy when musicians/bands write me an email and want me to post something about them. Happened so in this case... Chris van der Ploeg wrote me and made me curious about his band called Audiotransparent. I checked it and I really like the songs and the music. I hope you do so too... this dutch band creates beautiful melancholic indie pop songs for heart and soul - pretty good for the winter mood. They released three albums until now: audiotransparent (2003), Nevland (2005) and chekhov guns (2009). They already played shows in Canada, Germany and Scandinavia and I guess there are plans for touring soon again. Next to The Black Atlantic (who I love) a promising dutch indie band for me. Audiotransparent call as influences: Talk Talk, Hood, the Beach Boys, Can, XTC, Pedro the Lion, Notwist, Kraftwerk, The Smiths, Neil Young.

audiotransparent is
Bart Looman | Chris van der Ploeg | Michel Weber | Gijs van Veldhuizen | Andreas Willemse

Myspace/Homepage/Bandcamp